Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Edits and deadlines

The thing with these is that you never know when they're going to pop onto your screen. What this means for me is that the project I was working on last week has now been set aside for a while. Which suits me fine. In between more serious novels such as 'Cape Town' I'm happy to lighten up and amuse myself. Although, truthfully, I doubt I could write a manuscript without some humour creeping in.

So 'Catch of the Year' will be available in ebook format (print to follow later, which is the reverse of 'Cape Town') from early November. The 5th, in fact. Do I hear you chanting 'Remember, remember, the 5th November?' Maybe only those of you in the UK, where it's Guy Fawkes, the big firework night of the year. My husband says the book will come out with a bang. Ha ha.

Over the weekend I took time out to attend a half-day writers' workshop. Brian Henry knows his stuff and I always find myself inspired after hearing what he has to say and working on the exercises he gives. I can also recommend his blog: http://quick-brown-fox-canada.blogspot.ca/

Yes, it's always good to keep learning. Fun too!

No comments:

Post a Comment