Wednesday, February 17, 2021

MID-FEBRUARY MORNING

 Dear Reader, 


Hallo! I discovered recently that the moon can have an influence on creativity... two weeks of inspiration, two of assessment. So I decided to do an experiment, and am marking days when ideas and words fly into my head. My wall calendar this year, bought from the Musee de Beaux Arts de Montreal, is Degas. I'm looking at a close up of a young woman wearing a hat. A bit like me when I go out, except for the adjective, of course!😏

Early morning brought me a poem. Nothing particularly profound, but you might enjoy it nevertheless. The accompanying photo was taken through my bedroom window and, unfortunately, doesn't reveal the special quality of the light. 

MID-FEBRUARY MORNING

 

The world is white.

Clinging, shrunken maple leaves

reflect the golden

morning light and tremble,

oh so slightly,

in the breeze —

 

A dazzling day 

but bitter with 

mid-winter’s cold.  

 

There’ll be no

peeking my nose 

outside today,

and that’s for certain sure.




No comments:

Post a Comment