Thursday, November 5, 2015

Last look at Knysna and my last visit

So I've come to the end of this particular journey. Alexa's busy and well on her way to achieving her quest, while I'm deep in the process of discovering my new story. All this to say I hope to write something next week, but am not promising! What I am promising myself is this: next time I visit South Africa I'll take way more photos.

Here are a couple, the first gives you a glimpse of the elephant park, and yes, you can see one off to the left of the pic. Just.


Now some indulgence to show you why I love being there so much. First, the small balcony off the room at the lodge where I stay. This overlooks a vlei, i.e. a wetland, so there are many birds to be seen, including the Knysna loerie who features in 'Sailing for Trouble'... and does Alexa a good turn.



And lastly, my morning 'pozzie' complete with coffee and notebook. Yes, I still like to write quite a lot by hand, especially in the initial stages of a new book. Then there's the keyboarding in, revising, and a print out to read for more revising and editing... as you may be able to see.

May this pic bring a ray of sunshine into your life... the light in Africa is like nowhere else that I've ever been.



No comments:

Post a Comment