Friday, October 5, 2012

Upcoming Reading

Ah yes, a writer's life is strange. Truly like a roller-coaster ride.

Right now I'm kind of riding high, and wondering if this is like doing house renovations i.e. once everything is new, clean and in its right place, you forget all the hard work, decisions, anguish and disruption it took to get there. So many times I despaired of my writing, wondered if all the hard work would lead me anywhere at all, and if it was worth despoiling all those trees. This, despite encouragement, despite taking courses etc. etc.

But now, ta daa, next week in fact, I'll be reading from 'Cape Town' at a local book store, Collected Works, in Ottawa. Wednesday 10th, 7 p.m.  I popped in there last evening to drop off posters and pamphlets and I met the owner. He was obviously jazzed and said, "How exciting!"

Yes indeed. Of course this will put me somewhat out of my comfort zone. So I thought it would be fun to read a scene where my heroine first ventures out of her comfort zone. I wonder if you can guess which one that is?!

In other news, I hope to fix my website soon, and in the meantime will be blogging more on this site. Hope to see you on the other side of my screen!

No comments:

Post a Comment