Thursday, October 25, 2012

This wasn't me at that age, I don't think!

A friend forwarded me a link, which I'll share with you in just a minute. You'll see why I wanted to share this sweet video with you. And you'll see why it's relevant when I tell you that at my recent reading last Friday evening, I chose the excerpt from 'Cape Town' where Renee goes to her first class at the University of Cape Town School of Ballet. In a sentence or two, I detail exactly how that starts from a physical point of view. She has to put her feet in 'first position', which means with heels together, toes pointing out. They have to form a straight line. So take a look at this:




Cute hey? A p.s. from me suggests the little girls' feet are actually in third position, which is more appropriate for their age. And yes, the kid is right. The discipline is not exactly natural!

No comments:

Post a Comment